We are hiring Full-Time/Part-Time Baker(s)/Cake Decorator(s) to join our growing team! We are a dessert shop located in the heart of Vancouver at 1706 East 1st Ave. We are proudly serving the neighborhood and the rest of the Lower Mainland. Our products are made in-house and we are very passionate in bringing the best cheesecakes, our very own modern design buttercream cakes and other quality baked goodness to our customers.
- executing recipes with precision and the understanding of basic baking techniques
- baking/preparing baked goods, including but not limited to cakes, cheesecakes, cookies, and tarts
- buttercream cakes assembling and decorating
- front house support – preparation of beverages, operation of cash register, and serving customers etc.
- maintaining workstation, kitchen and overall store cleanliness
The Successful Candidate must:
- have a positive attitude, strong work ethics, and the willingness to learn
- demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently without compromising Oh Sweet Day! product standards
- have excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- be a self-starter who strives in a team environment and be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- be available to work weekends and holidays
- Baking and cake assembling/decorating (Required)
- Food service: 1 year (Required)
- Food Safety Level 1 certification (Preferred)
- High school completion or equivalent (Required)
A positive and a customer-oriented attitude is a must to join our team! If you have an interest in baking, enjoy a teamwork environment and loves making connections with people. We’d like to hear from you!
To apply, kindly submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short paragraph highlighting your strengths and experience. Tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in this position and what makes you the perfect candidate to Oh Sweet Day! Bake Shop. In addition, please also include your current availability.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in applying for this job opportunity. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.